The janitor keeps the factories and office areas in clean and orderly condition. Performs both heavy and light cleaning duties, such as sweeping, mopping or vacuuming floors, dusting, polishing furniture and cleaning glass. A janitor is also responsible for keeping bathrooms clean and well stocked, as well as informing the Office Manager when more supplies are needed. The Janitor is key in identifying and notifying to the right parties potential safety hazards and/or any practice or behavior that might expose employees or guests to accidents or unsafe working conditions.
• Clean and sanitize all areas of the factories and office space as assigned.
• Observes appearances and conditions of premises and equipment and immediately reports needed repairs, safety hazards, or unsafe conditions or behaviors.
• Understand and help maintain the MSDS book.
• Assist in the prompt and proper labeling of hazardous materials
• Maintain a positive working relationship with all employees, including greeting guests.
• At least one year of janitorial experience required
• Independent to exercise sound judgment and make sound decisions within the area of his/her responsibility.
• Flexible and adaptable to become a team-‐oriented individual that fits in a collaborative fast-‐paced, results-‐oriented work environment.
• Initiative to take on tasks and set own priorities and deadlines.
• Detail orientated.
Note: Shinola is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.